Villa Poggio di Gaville is a wonderful 18th century villa set in idyllic surroundings of woods, vineyards and olive groves in the hills of Florence, close to Chianti. The farmhouse was restored to its original splendour in 2004 and is furnished with charming Tuscan style furniture and exotic world pieces from 23 different countries in the world - a reflection of the owner's intercultural spirit.
There is a large reading room with a huge 'pietra serena' fireplace and old wooden-beamed ceilings, reminiscent of former country life in Tuscany.
An additional attraction of the Villa are the 6 free-range horses at pasture on the farmland of the property.
We can offer you:
- A large 170mq swimming-pool and a little lake with 2 resident herons.
- 11 rooms with private bathroom.
- Courses in Mediterranean and Middle-Eastern cooking.
- Team building courses - 'learning by cooking'.
- Sporting activities on the nearby Cipriano lake.
- Horse-riding at the 'Vecchio Texas'.
- Hot-air ballooning over the hills of Chianti.
- Shopping at 'The Mall', the biggest Designer Outlet in Italy.
The cuisine at Villa Poggio di Gaville offers both traditional Tuscany recipes as well as creative Mediterranean dishes served in a lovely dining-room with large-arched windows overlooking the wonderful grounds of the Villa, all accompanied with an excellent selection of wines.